Town of Belmont, New Hampshire
Town of Belmont
New Hampshire
Town of Belmont, New Hampshire
Town of Belmont
New Hampshire


Contact: K. Jeanne Beaudin
Address: PO Box 310
143 Main Street
Belmont, NH 03220-0310
Phone: 603-267-8300 x 124
Fax: 603-267-8327 
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm 



Name Title  Extension 
K. Jeanne Beaudin Assessor 603-267-8300 x 124
  DRA Certified Assessing Assistant 603-267-8300 x 124

Belmont hires Public Works and Finance Directors  Daily Sun 06/27/17


Please click here for the Standard form PA-29 for the following Credits and Exemptions:


In addition to the PA-29 application that is required, the Towns application also needs to be filled out and handed in with the PA-29. Click here for the application for the Elderly, Disabled, Blind and Deaf.

In addition to the PA-29 application that is required for the Veterans Credit, the Towns application also needs to be filled out and handed in with the PA-29. Click here for the application for the Veterans Credit.

Additional Links & Bookmarks

Additional Links & Bookmarks

Check here for answers to our Frequently Asked Questions


Tax Credits Tax Exemptions Other
Veteran or Surviving Spouse of Veteran Blind Abatements
Disabled Veteran or Widow of Disabled Veteran Elderly Assessing Cards & Interactive GIS Maps
  Improvements to Assist Individual with Disability Assessor's Maps (Tax Maps)
  Solar Energy System Change of Address Form
    Current Land Use Program
    Earth Excavation Intent to Excavate Form
    NH DRA Tax Rate Comparison-2015 
    Tax Rate History 
    Tax Relief for Renovations 
    Timber Intent to Cut Form 






  • Continuous update of property ownership, owners' names and addresses
  • Review and update property assessments as needed, annually.
  • Verification of deed histories and sales research
  • Calculation of Payments in Lieu of Taxes
  • Administration of tax credits and exemptions
  • Abatements    

Property Assessment Inspections-2018

The Town of Belmont has entered a contract with KRT Appraisal, LLC of Haverhill, MA to conduct an onsite exterior measurement and interior inspection of all properties within the Town during 2018.  

We would appreciate your cooperation in allowing their representative to come onto your property to measure the exterior of all buildings and to inspect the interiors.  

KRT Appraisal is represented by Mr. Douglas Rollins, Data Collector, who has been directed to perform assessing services for the Town of Belmont. All assessing personnel will gladly identify themselves to you.  

If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Town Administrator’s Office at 267-8300 ext. 124.

Tax Rates and Revaluation

Both the Town and the School District conduct a budget process beginning in late fall through early February and the final budgets are then put before the voters at the Annual  Town and School District meetings.  The total amount of money voted to be raised by taxation is then divided by the Town's total valuation (total value of taxable property) resulting in the tax rate per $1,000 for that year.

Values of properties within the town appreciate or depreciate at different rates due to market fluctuations and the State requires Towns complete a revaluation of properties every 5 years. 

In 2014, the appraisal company of Commerford Nieder Perkins, LLC completed a revaluation of all properties within the Town of Belmont. Belmont's 2013 Equalization Ratio was 122.6% and the purpose of the revaluation was to insure proportionality in our values and to bring all properties to 100% of market value. The 2014 tax rate was based on these new assessed values.

In 2015 The Board of Selectmen will be reviewing proposals to annually adjust property assessments so that the State's 5-year revaluation cycle does not result in unnecessarily large fluctuations in Belmont's tax rate. 

Property Tax: Understanding the Math, Dispelling the Myths (Barbara Reid, Government Finance Advisor for the NH Local Government Center and NH Municipal Association)



Abatement Application FormThe deadline for filing an abatement application with the Town of Belmont is March 1 following the notice of tax, which is the bill you receive in late October or early November. The Town has until July 1 following notice of tax to grant or deny the application. You (the taxpayer) must file an appeal to the BTLA or the Superior Court if you are still aggrieved by the Town's decision no earlier than after receiving the municipality's decision on the abatement or July 1 following the notice of tax if the Town has not responded; and no later than September 1.

Assessor's Maps (Tax Maps)

Assessor's Maps (Tax Maps)

These maps are for general assessing purposes, are not necessarily based on a legal property survey and cannot be used as a basis to transfer property. Property lines and other information are updated after April 1st annually. Choose the map you wish to view by "clicking” on the appropriate map number shown on the map index page.

Return to Links

Current Use Program

To apply for current use assessment, the landowner must complete a Current Use Application and submit to the Town by April 15th.  You must submit the filing fee and a map of each parcel going into current use; the map should also show any portion of land not to be classified under current use.

Current Use Booklet

Current Use Forms

Return to Links


Tax Relief for Renovations

Does your Factory Village District building need renovation, but you're worried about the potential increase in taxes? 

In 2011, Belmont voters approved the adoption of RSA 79-E which will provide temporary TAX RELIEF for a property owner to revitalize their building in the Factory Village District of Belmont!  RSA 79-E allows a property owner to apply to the Board of Selectmen to delay the increases in taxes for up to 5 years.  Please refer to the RSA 79-E Handout or contact the Town Administrator's office at Town Hall for details and an application!  

Return to Links 

Veterans Tax Credit

Veteran’s or Veteran's Surviving Spouse Tax Credit (RSA 72:28)Applications may be obtained from the Assessing Office.

  • A Credit of $500.00 from real estate tax bill($250 off 1st tax bill & $250 off 2nd tax bill)
  • Honorable discharge from service
  • Applicant must apply with a copy of DD214 or equivalent
  • Applicant must own property on April 1st of year of application
  • NH resident for 1 year prior to April 1st of the application year
  • Principle place of abode
  • Must be in armed service for a minimum of 90 days

NOTE: If you are receiving a Veterans Credit in any other Town, City or State, you are NOT eligible to receive the Veterans Credit in the Town of Belmont.

Apply by the filing deadline date of April 15th of the current tax year.

Return to Links


Disabled Veterans Tax Credit

Disabled Veterans or Widow of Disabled Veteran Tax Credit (RSA 72:35)

Applications may be obtained from the Assessing Office. 

Any person who has been honorably discharged from the military service and who has a total and permanent service-connected disability, or the surviving spouse of such a person shall receive a yearly tax credit of $1,400 of property taxes on his residential property.: 


  • Exemption: $1,400 reduction of total real estate tax bill
  • Disability must be total and permanent service-connected injury (regardless of dates served)
  • Principle place of abode
  • Owner of the property on April 1st of application year

Apply with copy of letter from Veterans Administration certifying 100% total and permanent disability by the filing deadline date of April 15th of the current tax year.

Return to Links 


Blind Tax Exemption

Blind Tax Exemption (RSA 72:37)

A resident who is legally blind as determined by the Blind Services Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Division of the Education Department shall be exempt each year of the assessed value, for property tax purposes, of his or her residential real estate to the value of $15,000. 

Applications may be obtained from the Assessing Office.


  • Applies only to residential property
  • Applicant must be determined legally blind by NH Services for the Blind

Certification letters to be obtained from:
State of New Hampshire
Department of Education
Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired
21 South Fruit Street, Ste 20
Concord, NH 03301-8530
Tel: (603) 271-3537
Fax: (603) 271-3816

Apply with copy of certification letter by the filing deadline date of April 15th of the current tax year.

Return to Links

Elderly Tax Exemption

Elderly Tax ExemptionElderly Exemption Qualifications (RSA 72:39-a & b)
Applications may be obtained from the Assessing Office.

The Town of Belmont requires that an Elderly Exemption Worksheet be completed to determine if an individual qualifies for the exemption. This form can be obtained at Town Hall.



  1. The applicant must be 65 years or older April 1st of the tax year.
  2. The applicant must be a New Hampshire resident for the past three years.
  3. The property in which the exemption is claimed must be the principal place of abode.
  4. Income Limitations (from all sources, including social security):
    a. Single $25,000 
    b. Married $35,000 Income limitations specified are based upon earnings during the prior calendar year.
  5. Asset Limitations 
    a. $150,000 (Excluding the value of the applicant’s residence, excluding excess acreage)
  6. Exemptions 
    a. Age 65-74 $65,000 off assessed valuation 
    b. Age 75-79 $80,000 
    c. Age 80 + $125,000


Apply by the filing deadline date of April 15th of the current tax year. 
Return to Links


Exemption for the Disabled

Exemption for the Disabled
In 2015, the Town voted to adopt the provisions of RSA 72:37-b, Exemption for the Disabled, to allow a $50,000 property tax exemption for qualified taxpayers. To qualify the person must be eligible under Title II or Title XVI of the Federal Social Security Act for benefits to the disabled, must have been a New Hampshire resident for at least 5 years, own the real estate individually or jointly, or if the real estate is owned by such person’s spouse, they must have been married for at least 5 consecutive years. In addition, the taxpayer must have a net income of not more than $25,000 or if married, a combined net income of not more than $35,000, and own net assets not in excess of $100,000 excluding the value of the person’s residence. You must apply by April 15th for the year in which you are applying. 

Return to Link


Solar Energy System Tax Exemption

Solar Energy System Tax ExemptionIn accordance with RSA 72:61, the Town of Belmont offers a Solar Energy System Tax Exemption.  Please contact the Assessing Office for further information and to submit an application.

Return to Links