The Belmont Town Hall will be closed on the following Dates: 12/26/16, 1/2/17, 1/16/17 and 2/20/17. Please schedule your visits to our offices accordingly.
Local News Coverage
By the very nature of timely news reporting, an error may occur in a cited news article; however the Town appreciates the coverage received from local news providers and articles are used throughout the website to provide updates and background. Details may be confirmed for accuracy with the Town. Disclaimer
December Community Newsletter & Calendar Available
Be sure to check out our December Edition. Past editions also available.
Proposed Zoning Amendments
The Planning Board has scheduled the first Public Hearing for possible zoning amendments to be put before the voters at the March 14th Town Meeting. The Public Hearing will be held at 6:30pm, Monday, December 19th, at the Belmont Corner Meeting House, 16 Sargent Street.
1. Commercial Gateway Zone: Create a new commercial zone titled Commercial Gateway Zone to encourage complementary commercial development in the area beginning at the Belmont/Laconia Town Line and extending into the Prescott Hill/Rte 106/Laconia Road corridor as shown on the attached map. The proposal would rezone 46 lots from Commercial and Rural to Commercial Gateway. Proposal
The Planning Board expects changes will be made to this proposal based on input from property owners and the community at large. The purpose of the proposal as currently drafted is to provide an example of the changes the Board is considering.
2. Frontage/Access: Amend the definition of frontage to allow access other than over the lot’s legal frontage through a conditional use permit from the Planning Board. Numbering to be adjusted as necessary. Proposal
3. Accessory Dwelling Unit: Amend the title and content of the Accessory Apartment Unit ordinance to comply with the new RSA 674:71-73 and amend minimum unit size, definition, clarify method of attachment to primary unit. Numbering to be adjusted as necessary. Proposal
4. Sign Ordinance: Replace in its entirety the existing Sign Ordinance to comply with the US Supreme Court decision, Reed v. Town of Gilbert Arizona. Changes relate, but are not limited to content-neutrality, purpose, definitions, general provisions and exempt, prohibited, directional and complex signs. Numbering to be adjusted as necessary. Proposal
5. Rezone Lots: At the request of the property owner, rezone all of tax lot 236/015/000/000 and part of tax lot 123/027/000/000 from Industrial to Rural leaving the entire frontage of tax lot 123/027/000/000 for a depth of approximately 230’ in the Industrial Zone. Proposal Map
For additional information on any of the above proposals or to submit written comments for the Board's consideration, please contact the Land Use Office, PO Box 310, Belmont, NH 03220, Planner@BelmontNH.org, 267-8300x113.
Once the Board receives comments at the December 19th public hearing, they will determine what changes will be made to the initial proposals and schedule one additional public hearing. However, by State law, no further changes can be made to the proposals once they have posted the notice for that second public hearing; so it is imperative that all comments and suggestions be made to the Board no later than the public hearing on December 19th unless the comment period is extended by the Board on the 19th.
There is no opportunity for the Board to make changes based on the second public hearing. The only action the Board can take at the second public hearing is to decide which proposals, as noticed, will be put before the voters in March.
The Board appreciates the involvement and guidance from the public when developing changes to the Ordinances of the community.
Holiday Gathering, Sunday, December 4, 2pm - 3:30pm
Thank you to everyone who joined us for all the fun on Sunday. We hope you had a great time and we look forward to the next Village Event!
Holiday gathering in Belmont Sunday, Dec. 4 Daily Sun 12/3/16
Belmont Library open during Deck the Village event Sunday Daily Sun 12/1/16
Belmont Mill and Bandstand in the news
Deed to Belmont bandstand needs clarifying before LCHIP grant is in hand Daily Sun 11/25/16
Belmont asks public's help: Keep the Belmont Mill or flatten it? Daily Sun 11/25/16
2017 Annual Town Meeting Information
The Belmont Budget Committee has held their first meeting for the development of the 2017 Budget to go before the voters on March 14, 2017. Additional information on the Town Meeting process will be posted on the Annual Town Meeting webpage as it becomes available.
See details on these and all other news items...